- Led and co-led UX design on over a dozen client projects, working closely with other designers, developers and project managers to understand the problem space and user needs, to design and test solutions, and teach partner agencies the value of, and how to implement user-centered methods
- As a UX Supervisor (2017-2018), and UX design lead (2015-2017), provided designers with mentoring and problem solving, career growth advice, peer counseling, issue mediation; led and contributed to performance reviews, hiring, and project staffing processes.
- Co-led the Research guild from 2014-2017: helped to foster a learning environment and make user research a core practice both at 18F and in government more broadly
- Co-taught a course on Service Design, creating coursework, lectures and workshop activities to help students gain a thorough understanding of the core concepts and methods and how to apply them
- Provided targeted product and UX mentorship for students toward the goal of making their design real
- Led experience design on multiple projects, managing and mentoring staff creating sketches, process flows, wireframes and clickable prototypes for desktop, mobile, tablet and offline systems
- Advised both start-ups and major corporations on user experience best practices, presented and defended designs both internally and to clients and contractors
- Led Experience & Service Design for both online and offline systems, for internal and client projects in international development, civic innovation and governance reform.
- Participated in and led design research projects, both domestically and internationally, seeking and gaining local contextual understanding of complex environments to design for them, hiring local facilitators, arranging and conducting community and site visits and contextual interviews.
- Served as technical project manager and lead implementation manager on numerous client engagements, advising and mediating development difficulties with and products and features
- Built and helped design several websites, including, theReboot.org, and Internews Design Research Guide, and Tunisia: From Revolutions to Institutions
- Managed, conducted and distilled month-long user expericence research effort for Civic Commons project, an open app catalog for civic technology
- Led 3 winning app competition teams, including Summer of Smart and Apps for Good
- Rapidly designed, helped develop and launch innovative location-based mobile game with thousands of users and hundreds of thousands of play sessions worldwide
- Coordinated and conducted user research interviews yielding critical insight into product features
- Conducted user interviews, performed requirements and process analysis for development of enterprise applications, process re-engineering efforts
- Project lead managing teams of developers for agency-wide deployment of open source collaboration platforms (wikis, CMS, blogs)
School of Information, University of Michigan
BS, Business Information Technology